Applying For T.R

Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)

This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution. It lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. Students are only able to access the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) once as a primary applicant.

The visa has two streams:

  • Graduate Work stream
  • Post-Study Work stream

Graduate Work Stream:

This visa is for international students who came to Australia before 24th November 2011. In this sequence, 18 months of temporary residence visa are granted under this stream.

Post-Study Work Stream

This visa is for international students who have been graduated with a higher education diploma minimum 2 years, Bachelor minimum 3 year and master minimum 2 years from Australian registered education providers, regardless of their field of study. Visa in this stream can be granted for up to 4 years.

If you are applying as the main applicant, you and anybody else covered by the application must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when your visa is decided.


  • Be under 50 years of age
  • Hold an eligible visa
  • Have a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course
  • Meet additional requirements of the relevant stream

The qualification must either:

  • Relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (Graduate Work stream)
  • be a higher education degree (Post-Study Work stream)

Length of stay

  • Graduate Work stream – 18 months
  • Post-Study Work stream – two to four years


From AUD 1,500